Monday, December 21, 2015

Interview with H.G. Lynch, Author of DEFIANT



What made you decide to be an author? I’ve always loved telling stories and I wanted to share my imagination with the world.
What do you like best about being a writer? What do you like the least? The best thing is reading reviews of my books from readers telling me how much they loved my stories and characters. The thing I like least is probably editing. I hate editing my stories before I send them to my publisher. I get so bored.
How do you think your life experiences have prepared you for writing? Not at all. I hated English in school. I’ve never had an exciting kind of life – I guess that’s why I read books.
Have you ever felt as if you were being dictated to while you wrote a book--as if the words came of their own accord? If yes, which book did that happen with? That is how all my books get written – the characters dictate, I’m just the fingers on the keyboard.
You’ve written eleven novels and are working on a twelth. What’s your favorite time management tip? Frankly, I’m awful at time management. I don’t organize my writing or promotional time. I just do what I feel like doing when I feel like doing it.
Are you a plotter or a pantser, i.e., do you outline your books ahead of time or are you an “organic” writer? Definitely the later. I get a vague idea of a story and I just let it unfold as I write.
If you had one take away piece of advice for authors, what would it be? Believe in yourself. There will always be haters and critics, but there will also be those who love you and your writing – focus on those people and enjoy your writing.
Did music help you find your muse with this book? If yes, which song did you find yourself going back to over and over again as you wrote? This was one of the few books that I didn’t have a playlist for but I think if I had, it would have been full of Avril Lavigne. Her punk, devil-may-care style fits the defiant theme.
Tell me more about DEFIANT
Sometimes love burns.
The intelligent loner, Anson, soon learns this when he falls in love...but the girl he wants isn't what she seems.
Poppy is part of a secret organisation of vampires trained to fight werewolves.
She's been sent to recruit Anson, and if she fails, they'll both have to outrun the rulers of her society...or face death together.
How about an excerpt from DEFIANT?

Sitting next to him, I wanted to touch him so badly it was making my fingers tingly. He had his sleeves rolled up again, showing his lean, muscled forearms. Unsurprisingly, he was quite pale, but it suited him. Fine, golden hairs dusted his arms, and his slim wrists led to slim hands. Elegant hands, the hands of an artist. Under the sleeves of his white shirt, muscled biceps strained against the fabric just enough that you could tell he worked out. His jaw curved in a gentle line, and his nose was dotted with faint freckles. Red hair fell on either side of his forehead to frame his pretty eyes. He was handsome enough to be one of us as it was.
As if sensing my staring, Anson looked at me sideways, and I hastily dropped my gaze. My cheeks felt unusually hot. The words blurred on the page in front of me as Anson shifted in his seat, and his hand briefly brushed mine. The touch of his skin on mine made my hand warm and tingly, and I wanted him to do it again.

Where can readers find more about your stories, books and you on the Internet?
Buy Links: Amazon 
H.G. Lynch, thank you so much for being with us here today. I know my readers will enjoy your work and your interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment