Monday, October 8, 2018

And the RONE Winner for Short Paranormal Is....


Yes, you read that right! It is LEGACY of EVIL, Book 2 in the Hotel LaBelle Series! In case you have not heard of the RONE Award, it is awarded by InD'Tale Magazine to the best of independent and small press books from all around the world. Even before I won the RONE, I considered myself a winner because I was a Finalist--and I was able to attend InD'Scribe Con.

I was at a book signing...
I met current and new readers, like Tania, Mariela, Jessica, Vera, and Marc...
 
 
Connected with other authors, like Laura Hawks...

And learned more about how to bring YOU, my readers a great story with my panel discussion colleagues, authors Alanna, Andy, Rox, Sharon and Aaron.
Funny story. Coming home, I brought my RONE onto the plane in my carry-on with my computer. Of course, TSA selected my bag for inspection. The Agent pointed to the oblong shape and said, "What's that?" (I was worried they thought I had a brick of C-4 in my bag.) I said, "It's a literary award." He said, "Oh, what for?" as he opened the blue box and examined the glass award. "It's for a Cowboys and Indians versus Nazis story." Eyebrows raised, he said, "Oh, that sounds GOOD!" and waved me on. Never underestimate the power of a good story! 

As soon as I have photos my husband took from the awards event, I will share those with you. In the meantime, you might want to curl up with a good book. May I suggest an award-winning, short paranormal romance? LOL!

5 comments:

  1. Your passion shows in such good ways, Sharon. Keep up the great writing...and treasure your RONE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear friend. You got me out there and I'm glad I went!! xo

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Savor that wonderful feeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I wish I could wear the award like a medal. Do you think that would be too much? LOL!

      Delete
  3. Wow, looks like you had a blast. HUGE congrats!!! Funny about the TSA guy. So cool!

    ReplyDelete