Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Character Interview: Synn the Heroine of A Magic Redemption, A Demon’s Witch Series, Book 5 Series


Where are you from? Colorado Mountains and kinda all over I guess you’d say.
Did you have a happy childhood?  Until age twelve then I was kidnapped and my family murdered.
Where do you live now and what do you do for a living? “Now I live in Ireland. After escaping from the demon Baltizar, I offered information to the Demon Overlord of the Western Hemisphere, (he was trying to help man and magic kind) in exchange for protection and freedom, basically a fresh start.  But even with magic it not as easy as you’d think.  I’m working as a waitress in Shaughnessy’s Pub. It belongs to Gavin Shaughnessy’s family. He and I are…Well let’s call it working things out. And I have my own cottage I share with the Storm, a pup I rescued. ”  
Is there something you'd rather be doing? “No. It’s a pretty decent job, the customers are great, Shaughnessys are wonderful, even after the incident.  Except Brandy, and that’s a long story.”
What's going on in your life right now? “I’m just living day to day, hoping my past doesn’t rear it’s ugly head. But it seems there may be a showdown and I don’t want any of my new friends of the Shaughnessys to get caught in the crossfire.”
Is there someone special in your life? “Sort of. Once things get settled, and I’m sure it’s safe, Gavin and I will probably give it another chance.”
How did you meet? Heavy sigh. “While I was under the influence of Baltizar I was ordered to terminate Brandy Shaughnessy (Gavin’s sister) and Stefen Talltree (Brandy’s boyfriend, a vampire)  . They were involved at the time and now engaged. The assignment failed and I was severely punished. I defected to the good side, so to speak, and met Gavin at his family’s pub while under the protection of Bruce, the Demon Overlord I told you about. I was helping out by washing dishes and we just clicked. Boy his sister, Brandy threw a conniption.”
What's his/her family like? “They are wonderful. His parents, Tim and Mary, own the pub, Hannah is his other sister, she’s married to Tristian Shandie, Bruce’s enforcer and right hand man (warlock). Brandy, well she’s understandably distressed with how things have turned out.  But I had nowhere else to go and Ireland, the land of myths and legends, seemed the best place to try to start a new life” (shrugs her shoulders).
What's keeping you two apart? “My well  founded fears that Baltizar may escape the seventh level of Hell, where he was sent after Bruce and his entourage won the battle for mankind (A Vampire’s Unlikely Allinace) and exact revenge on my new found friends and Gavin’s family. He has dangerous people willing to do his bidding in the mortal world.”
What one thing could you do that would make you feel like the relationship will work out?  It’s not really something I can go, but as I said before, I need to make sure no one will be harmed because of me or my past. Until then, I can’t let anyone get that close.”
Any last comments? “I really have tried to turn my life around and I believe I am succeeding one day at a time.”

Tena Stetler is a best-selling author of award winning paranormal romance. She has an over-active imagination, which led to writing her first vampire romance as a tween to the chagrin of her mother and delight of her friends. After many years as a paralegal, then an IT Manager, she decided to live out her dream of pursuing a publishing career.
With the Rocky Mountains outside her window, she sits at her computer surrounded by a wide array of witches, shapeshifters, demons, faeries, and gryphons, with a Navy SEAL or two mixed in telling their tales. Her books tell stories of magical kick-ass women and mystical alpha males that dare to love them. Travel, adventure and a bit of mystery flourish in her books along with a few companion animals to round out the tales.
Colorado is home; shared with her husband of many moons, a brilliant Chow Chow, a spoiled parrot and a forty-five-year-old box turtle. When she’s not writing, her time is spent kayaking, camping, hiking, biking  or just relaxing in the great Colorado outdoors. During the winter you can find her curled up in front of a crackling fire with a good book, a mug of hot chocolate and a big bowl of popcorn. Visit Tena’s website at tenastetler.com where you’ll find links to all of her books, blog and pictures of recent travels and setting of her books.

A Magic Redemption released December 5th. Available from Amazon,   Amazon UK, Amazon AU, Amazon CA,   itunes, The Wild Rose Press, Barnes and Nobel  Wal-mart.com
Book trailer for A Demon’s Witch Series: https://youtu.be/lELj0amtkk8
A Magic Redemption (5th in A Demon’s Witch Series) Book blurb:
Synn, a demon, carries extraordinary magic and power, but there is more within her than she dreams. Kidnapped as a child, her captors murdered her family and forced her into training as a warrior assassin. When an assignment goes horribly wrong, she finds herself at the mercy of the friends and family of her intended target.  Offering valuable information in exchange for protection, she gains her freedom, but it is not without its challenges.

Gavin Shaughnessy is the publican at his family’s Irish pub.  He is certain Synn is meant to be his and isn’t bothered by her past.  He must find a way to convince her, their future together is stronger than the dark memories that haunt her dreams.

When her past comes calling for revenge, will their love survive the raging inferno she brings down upon them? Or will the searing path of destruction destroy all they hold dear?  
Short 1 page excerpt.
The road to her cottage took them by the pub. He didn’t want to spoil a great day by stopping by Shaughnessy’s. But he had a nagging feeling that was exactly what he was supposed to do. Prior experience taught him nothing but trouble would come if he ignored his gut. “Mind if we stop by the pub on the way home. Storm can stay in the truck for a few minutes. I want to make sure—”
“Everything is all right?”
“Of course it’s all right. I’ve taken time off before.” Gavin bristled. “I had a life before—” He stopped mid-sentence. No way was he going to spoil this day.
She shifted in her seat to face him. “Before what? Me? Before your sister married an assassin? Or Brandy became engaged to a vampire? Before your world came crashing down amid demons, vampires, witches, and world ending shit?” She paused, closed her eyes, and leaned her head against the seat again. “I didn’t mean that. I’ve been on edge since the dream—nightmare—premonition. Call it what you want. Today was a nice reprieve. But when we hit the edge of town—what’d you call ’em—” she tapped her temple. “My spidey senses went off.” She shivered.
He turned on the street behind the pub. The parking lot was full to running over. Weaving through the cars without finding a space, he pulled back onto the road. After circling the block, he parked down the street and cut the engine. “Stay put for a sec.” Gavin stepped out of the truck and surveyed the area. Nothing seemed out of place or unusual.
A slow creak indicated Synn had opened her door. “Stay girl. We’ll be back.” She eased the door closed.
He strode to her side and glared down at her but said nothing. Not looking for a fight. Slipping an arm around her waist, they strolled to front of the pub. He yanked open the heavy wooden door. Friendly voices, raucous laughter, and the yeasty scent of the pub spilled out. Tension eased in his muscles. He released the breath he hadn’t realized he was holding. Synn walked through the door first and froze.
            Seated at the bar were Hannah and Tristian. Synn sucked in a breath. This was bad, she could feel it.
Author links, webpages, fan pages, and book trailers.
My Say What Blog - http://www.tenastetler.com/category/my-say-what-blog/
Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/TenaStetler     
Tribber - http://triberr.com/TenaStetler


11 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the interview! Looking forward to reading A Magic Redemption. All the best and Happy Holidays, Tena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview! Best of luck with the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debby! It appreciate your stopping by. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. I love character interviews. Synn sounds like a fascinating character. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed her interview. She is a multi-faceted character. I've so enjoyed writing her. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Synn! I'm looking forward to seeing if she And Gavin can work things out. And Baltizar stays where he is :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Barbara you will enjoy their path to HEA! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate it!

      Delete
  6. Great post! I love the cover! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete