Sunday, August 25, 2019

Review: The Killer Next Door by Alex Marwood

The Killer Next DoorThe Killer Next Door by Alex Marwood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Have you ever read a book that made you go back in your mind long after the story is over, just to admire how well crafted it was? The Killer Next Door is just such a book. A cross between Murder on the Orient Express and Dexter, you won't know who the killer is until the author lets you know. All the characters are strong and 3-dimensional; my favorite is Vesta, the "matriarch" of the house. No spoilers from me. The book has mystery, romance, suspense, and a perfect ending that brought me to tears. I listened to the audible version; the narrator was outstanding. But it was truly about the story. I can't wait to read her back list and her forthcoming books. I give this book 5 sharp, shiny meat cleaver stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment