Saturday, February 1, 2020

Review: Hiding Among the Dead by Chris Bauer

Hiding Among the DeadHiding Among the Dead by Chris Bauer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

From the moment I opened this book on my Kindle, until I closed it a few hours later, I was enthralled. A unique business (crime scene cleaning) with unusual owners and employees (ex-Navy Seal, woman in need of new lungs, an amnesiac), a crime syndicate I did not see coming--and well, let's just say the plot is not predictable. No spoilers from me.

The characters were well-drawn, quirky, and endearing (well not so much the some of the villains), but even the villains had great back stories. No mustache twirlers. The heroes and heroines felt like I'd like to know them in person, with all their foibles. I keep thinking about them and wondering if there will be another book with them in it.

Bottom line: The beginning hooked me, the middle drug me along with the hook firmly wedged in my brain, and the ending was symmetrical and satisfying. I give this book 5 industrial sized, shiny new pressure cookers with a side order of highly recommend and you must read this story!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment