Sunday, July 19, 2020

New Release: Gator Me Twice by RL Merrill


Newly mated Layla and Garrett are diligently practicing their baby-making skills—until Baba Yaga pops in with a dire warning. A magical storm is brewing, and when it causes a supernatural communication breakdown, the water witch and her alpha mate will have to defeat ghosts from their past, their own insecurities, and a childhood nightmare come to life.

Bring on the babies, bad jokes and boogiemen in this third Shifted story in the Magic and Mayhem Universe.

Excerpt

Layla went about her business learning all she could from Marge and B-man, as well as Edna and Bessie Chouette, the owl Shifter twins. She spent time with Garrett’s cousin Clarabelle, studying herbs and their healing powers. She practiced on Clarabelle’s man, Johann. Him being a ghoul and all, he could take a lot of magic without it hurting him. He was also very patient…like right now.

“You’re not going to hurt me, Layla. Just do it.”

Layla closed her eyes and took a deep, cleansing breath.

Goddess on high, hear my plea
I need a favor
For a friend, you seeJohann’s still struggling
And I think we agree
His life will be more pleasant
To some degree
If we can heal
This gator filigree
I ask this of thee, humbly

Here goes nothing…

Layla pulled on that magical pool of light within her and concentrated it on Johann’s chest. He’d been having some pains where a gator had sliced him open, so Layla was practicing her micro spell work. Marge had been trying to teach her the delicacy of such spells, but Layla was afraid to do it on anyone for fear of scarring.

“Am I interrupting?”

Layla was startled by the flash of light and sudden exposure to way too much neon spandex.

It’s good to see you, Baba Yaga.

“Oh, girl, call me Carol. We’re going to be equals soon, so you’d better get used to it.”

Layla froze. What are you talking about?

Johann made a strangled sound and scrambled to button up his shirt. “I’m, uh, just going to go find Clarabelle,” he said as he stumbled over a planter bed in Clarabelle’s garden.

“Good to see you, Johann.”

Johann scurried back into the house.

“He’s such a cutie,” Carol said, wiggling her eyebrows. “I’d have been all over him, you know, if it wasn’t for Fabio—”

What?

“Oh, you’re right. He’s a bit young for me. But I tell you, if I’d have been single when I met him, Gator Girl would have had a fight on her hands.”

She winked, and Layla knew she was just being her crazy Baba Yaga self.

He lets me practice on him, says I can’t hurt him. I haven’t hurt anyone since we came to the Bayou, but I’m still afraid.

“And that, my girl, is precisely why I’m here. I know you’re still learning, and I hate to put any more pressure on you, but we’re on a bit of a time schedule now.”

How do you mean? Layla sensed a sudden ominous mood about Baba Yaga that she wasn’t used to.

“With my sister getting knocked up, and some rumors going around that your former nemesis is making noises from the other side…we just need to speed things up, my dear.”

Layla tried not to freak out, but maybe some of her dark feelings lately were because she, too, had been feeling a sense of urgency.

What do you need me to do? 

Follow the Author
https://www.bookbub.com/profile/r-l-merrill 

No comments:

Post a Comment