Wednesday, December 2, 2020

A Recipe for Comfort: Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

 

As the daylight shortens and the temperatures drop, I find myself turning to comfort foods that warm my heart, as well as my body. This recipe for gluten free, dairy free, chocolate chip banana bread is a big hit with family and friends in my "bubble." It is a delicious treat morning, noon, evening and in-between!

I used 4 small loaf pans for a single recipe; mini-muffin pans were added when I doubled the recipe as pictured. My family has a lot food allergies, in addition to Diabetes, to work around. I modified this recipe to accommodate my family's needs from Layla’s on Gimme Delicious 

Ingredients

  • 2 cups gluten free baking mix*
  • 5 very ripe bananas, mashed
  • ½ cup Splenda
  • ½ cup butter (1 stick), softened (not melted)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1.5 cups Enjoy mini chocolate chips

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Olive oil spray 4 small loaf pans, or mini-muffin pans.
  2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and chocolate chips.
  3. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and Splenda. Beat eggs, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas until well blended.
  4. Stir banana mixture and chocolate chips into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared pans.
  5. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes for mini-muffins; 40 to 45 minutes for loaf pans, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan and serve warm or cold.

*I prefer Pamela's Gluten Free Baking Mix HOWEVER, it is made from ALMOND Flour. If you have a NUT allergy, a good alternative is Bob's Red Mill Flour: 1 to 1 Baking.

2 comments: