Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Review: Comorbidity: Expressions of Love by J.J. Brown

Comorbidity: Expressions of LoveComorbidity: Expressions of Love by J.J. Brown
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Just when I thought J.J. Brown had exhausted her range of works in words, she surprises me. This edgy, often heart-breaking collection of poems left me at times exhilarated, devastated, crushed, and redeemed. A full circle of life story told in poetry, we begin with birth, end with death and experience life in all its beauty and ugliness in between. I highlighted so many portions, I should have just highlighted the entire book. I don't want the reader to lose the impact of her timing and words, so I won't quote any of her poetry here. You will have to read it yourself to have the breathless feeling I experienced at the end of the book. Five stars, highly recommend.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment