Monday, January 13, 2020

Review: Trail of Lightning by Rebecca Roanhorse

Trail of Lightning (The Sixth World, #1)Trail of Lightning by Rebecca Roanhorse
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was an amazing book that transported me to a different time and realm. A post-apocalyptic story, I would say this is a YA book (or NA, depending on your perspective). Written in first person, present tense, the effects of the story are immediate and impactful. The characters are well-drawn, the dialogue kept me involved, the cultural pieces are well described and explained without lectures, and the needed backstory was artfully dribbled throughout. My one tiny complaint is that the ending was a bit of cliff hanger, so I *must* read the next book to wrap up one story line! No spoilers from me, I give this 5 lightning bolts and highly recommend!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment