Wednesday, November 4, 2015

The Tarczal Alliance by JP Forshey: Character and Author Interviews



A woman with a legendary past. A vampire with a broken heart. Their love could change the world...
Where are you from? Did you have a happy childhood?
My family is from the Anjou region of France my family owns vineyards there to this day. My ancestors are from the Tarczal Mountain region in Romania, hence our name, and before that the Stepps of Russia. A very happy childhood until I was eight when my parents died. After that I went to live with my father’s brother and his wife, they were very loving and good to me, too. They did their best with an orphan boy scared to tell anyone he ‘heard’ the screams of his dying parents in his head.
Where do you live now and what do you do for a living? Is there something you'd rather be doing? I live in Baineridge, Ohio I have business all over the world in finance, stocks, securities, and medical research. I’ve always envied my Uncle’s work experimenting with different growths of grape plants coming up with new vintages of wine. I may take over for him someday.
What's going on in your life right now? It was pointed out by my life-time friend and head of security for the Tarczals, that I have a spy in my new company. A bit unsettling since I personally vetted the guy.
Is there someone special in your life? Special, she’s certainly that, and she’s intriguing, whenever she’s around I experience this strange buzzing in my head.
How did you meet? What's his/her family like? I met Allyson at an art walk at the courthouse lawn. I made sure to bump into her. I needed information about her soon-to-be ex since he’s my spy.  A maiden aunt, who is now deceased, raised her. From what Allyson told me she was an unloving determined woman who couldn’t marry off her niece, Allyson, fast enough. Which is how Allyson came to be married to the man, my spy, she’s now divorcing.
What's keeping you two apart? Emotional baggage! Between the two of us we could open a luggage store. We each have trust issues and we’ve sworn off relationships. The usual, but she’s so damn beautiful, intelligent, and talented.
What one thing could you do that would make you feel like the relationship will work out? Once Allyson is cleared murder and I find my spy then we can concentrate on getting to know each other better.
Any last comments? I hope you enjoy Allyson and my story and learn about my people the Tarczals.
Available from Amazon Interview with J. Paulette Forshey, Author of The Tarczal Alliance
  
Q. What made you decide to be an author?
A. I had stories demanding to be told in my head. 

 Q. What do you like best about being a writer?
A. Bringing the characters and their worlds in my head to life. What do you like the least? The business end, which now that I’m an Independent Author, means working with formatters, editors, cover artist, and all the marketing. 

Q. How do you think your life experiences have prepared you for writing?
A. Oh, yes, you can pour the joys and heartaches from your life into your characters. You don’t get to be sixty years old without many of both experiences. It makes it easier to pull from those moments what you felt or what you wanted to feel to add in developing a character or scene. 

Q. Have you ever felt as if you were being dictated to while you wrote a book--as if the words came of their own accord? If yes, which book did that happen with?
A. YES! The first draft for The Tarczal Alliance’ was like that, for several nights in a row I dreamed the story. Each night more information was added and when I woke up after the last night I began to write. Seventy pages in long hand on yellow legal paper turned into what would become my first full length novel. Another book, a novella, ‘33 Days Til Christmas’, I just sat down and wrote in two weeks. The words poured from my brain, and heart, down to my fingers and onto the computer keys. Might have had some help with that book it was about an angel assigned to protect a mortal woman. 

A. You’ve written six books novella and novel size and are working on a 7th novel. What’s your favorite time management tip?
Q. Stay off social media! Just kidding, but you do need to limit your time as those sites can devour productive writing time. I keep a timer beside my laptop and set it for thirty minutes to an hour for social media to visit and promo books. When the bell rings I’m back to work. 

Q. Are you a plotter or a pantser, i.e., do you outline your books ahead of time or are you an “organic” writer?
A. I started out as a pantser, still a bit to this day, but I’ve been striving to more of a plotter. Plotting makes the process, for me, so much easier. 

Q. If you had one take away piece of advice for authors, what would it be?
A. Don’t give up keep working towards your dream. 

Q. Did music help you find your muse with this book? If yes, which song did you find yourself going back to over and over again as you wrote?
A. Phil Collins with Genesis I’ve written many pieces with the help of their music. Hope they never decide to ask for a cut

Tell me more about The Tarczal Alliance.
Logan Kincaid's company has a spy, and he'll stop at nothing to find him. Things don't go exactly as the vampire planned. When a long-legged beauty with flowing blond hair and intelligent green eyes walks in, he can't help but put things on hold. 

Allyson Weston wants to move on. If only she can get her abusive ex out of her life and get a scholarship to continue her career. She never expected to get both so quickly, but when she finds her ex dead in her driveway, Allyson doesn't know where to turn.
As Logan helps Allyson get to the bottom of the mystery, he learns she's more than just a pretty face. She's the answer to a thousand-year-old legend, and he might just be falling for her… 

How about an excerpt from The Tarczal Alliance?

“Three hundred years ago we were considered fierce warriors.” Logan grunted as he ran across the racquetball court of his Baneridge, Ohio home. “Now we’re forced to confine our aggressions to a small blue ball.” Logan growled in disgust, barely dodging the blue ball, which whizzed a little too close past his head. “And, I guess each other.” Logan saluted his best friend with his racquet. “Nice try St.Clair, but as usual you’re aim is off,” he happily informed Nairn. He relished playing against another Tarczal. It made the game much more interesting. With a normal human, he had to show restraint or risk injuring his opponent.
“Sure, Kincaid?” Nairn St. Clair snorted, and sent the orb flying again. “By the way, you’ve got a spy in your company.”
“Like hell I do.” Logan cursed running to catch the sphere, and quickly returning it to Nairn.
Nairn had accomplished his distraction. “Exactly what I said.” He leaned into the serve. “Didn’t think you’d be so stupid.” The blue sphere shot out again.
Logan charged the ball, smacking it harder than he expected. It connected with the sweet spot of his racquet, sending the orb to the front wall.
“Who?” he demanded. His sneakers squeaked against the glossy wood floor of the racquetball court. Smack. The sound of high velocity rubber colliding against bare skin echoed off the court’s high white walls. His racket caught nothing but air.
“Damn.” Nairn picked up the ball, and went to the serving line. They both wore the tight fitting shorts and the wrist and headbands of the sport, opting not to don shirts. Bare skin made the game more interesting.
“Sting?” Logan taunted. They’d been at it for a good hour, and he’d purposely pushed his friend hard. Nairn’s ponytail sagged with sweat.

Available from Amazon

J. Paulette Forshey is an award winning, internationally read author. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two dogs. She writes romance in the sub-genres of paranormal, contemporary, thriller, fantasy, and erotica. Learn more about her at www.jpauletteforshey.com

Where can readers find more about your stories, books and you on the Internet?
Twitter: @ForsheyJ
J. Paulette, thank you so much for being with us here today. I know my readers will enjoy your work and your interview.
Thank you for having me I’ve enjoyed our talk.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this interview! Very cool to see it from both a character and author perspective! The Tarczals are awesome! Can't wait to read the next one!

    ReplyDelete